|| If you are interested in having Pastor Steve speak to|
your group, please contact him by clicking here.
Steve's experience includes:
- Training in local church formats
- Speaking at Church Ministry conferences
- Consulting with churches on midsize groups and/or the ABF Philosophy
Steve Lizzio serves on the pastoral staff of Centreville Baptist Church (DC area) as the Pastor of Community LIfe. Steve's main responsibilities include overseeing the Campus & Home Community groups along with coaching the leadership of Men's ministries and Women's Ministries.
Steve also is the Founder and Director of ABF Resources.com, a ministry which allows him to network with, consult, train, and equip the body of Christ. He has spoken at a variety of Christian education conferences and churches on ABFs/Communities, Small Groups, Leadership Reproduction, and Discipleship issues.
Steve was born and raised in South Jersey and gave his life to Christ as a 17-year-old while attending West Baptist Tabernacle in Vineland, New Jersey. He is a 1977 graduate of Vineland High School; a 1979 graduate of Atlantic Community College (A.S. in Hospitality Management); a 1983 graduate of Liberty University (B.S. in Pastoral Ministries); and a 1986 graduate of Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary (M.R.E. in Christian Education).
Prior to his position at Centreville Baptist Church, Steve previously served as Pastor of Adult Ministries at Hope Church in Mason, Ohio (outside Cincinnati) from 2002-2012, Pastor of Adult Ministries at Medinah Baptist Church in Medinah, Illinois (outside Chicago) from 1993-2002, And Christian Education and Discipleship at Hydewood Park Baptist Church in North Plainfield, New Jersey (outside New York City) from 1986-1993.
Steve and his wife, Cheri, reside in Centreville, Virginia. The Lizzio's have three young adult children, Jen, Katie and Tom.
Professional associations and achievements
- Founder of the ABF Conference. Coordinated and hosted ABF Conferences in 1998, 1999, and 2001 in Chicago and 2004, 2006, and 2008 in Cincinnati.
- Served as the president of the Northern New Jersey Sunday School Association from 1990 to 1993. This Christian Education Conference was attended by up to 1,000 people.
- Former part-time faculty with the New York School of the Bible from 1991 to 1993.
- Co-Founded the Adult Ministries Network in the Chicago area in 1998. This network continues to meet three times a year with over 60 pastors identifying with it.
- Co-Founded the Cincinnati Region Adult Ministries Network in June of 2003.
- Co-Author of the ABF Teaching Course and Author of The Community Leader Training Course.
- Co-Author of the Group Building Guide w/Standard Publishing released in May 2010
Centreville Baptist Church in Centreville, Virginia
January 8-9, 2012
Florence Baptist Church in Florence, Kentucky
January 14, 2012
Christian Ministries Conference in Belton, Texas
Summers Mills Conference Center
January 16-18, 2012
The ABF Teaching Course taught live at Hope Church in Cincinnati, Ohio
Thursday nights, February 2, 9, 16, 23 from 7-9:30pm
Cost $20, Register at email@example.com
Men of Valor Conference on Sexual Purity in Louisville, Kentucky
Southern Seminary Campus
May 4-5, 2012
A New Vision for the Sunday School Conference in Baltimore, Maryland
Middle River Baptist Church
August 24-25, 2012
Hope Church in Mason, Ohio
The ABF Teaching on five Tuesday nights
Feburary 1, 8, 15, 22, March 1
(Call 513.459.0800 x341 for reservations - $30)
Findlay Evangelical Free Church in Findlay, Ohio
February 6, 2011
Hope Church Monterrey in Monterrey, Mexico
February 23-26, 2011
First Evangelical Free Church in Minneapolis, Minnesota
May 21, 2011
Topic: One-Day ABF/Midsize Group Conference
The Chapel at North Canton, Ohio
February 27, 2010
Men of Valor Conference Cincinnati
West Chester Church of the Nazarene
March 6, 2010
Topic: Purity/Accountability Relationships
Northampton Bible Church in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
March 20 & 21, 2010
New Covenant Bible Church in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
August 27 & 28, 2010
Great Lakes District of the Evangelical Free Church Conference in Arlington Heights, Illinois
October 13, 2010
Topic: Sexual Purity
Grace Brethren Church Conference in Ashland, Ohio
October 23, 2010